Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An Opportunity, Not an Obligation

We get to be part of something really cool. We have a wedding coming up on January 2, 2010. When I met with the bride, she shared with me that she and her fiance are going to Uganda as soon as they marry, to continue the mission they started there. This couple, in their 20's, plans to move to Uganda to run the orphanage they founded. She said to me she wanted to, "keep her wedding 'simple' because every dollar spent, could be used to feed another child in Uganda". WOW. that impacted me and moved me to want to help. So we are! The Merry Me team is going to help by not only making her wedding beautiful on a limited budget, but we are also supporting the work they plan to do in Uganda. We are so thankful for the opportunity. We are blessed to be a blessing, so that's what we're going to do.

No comments: